Exposed brickwork can completely change the aesthetic and feel of your room. You can achieve modern industrial to rustic country style with exposed brickwork with a little bit of elbow grease and hard work. (Cheating your way there with brick wallpaper not advised.) In this section you’ll find a whole selection of gorgeous properties available to hire for Photo Shoots, TV and Filming.
Bricks are a feature we come into contact with almost every day and don’t even notice, because well, they’re bricks. But honestly, bricks don’t get quite the credit they deserve. Bricks are one of the oldest known building materials dating all the way back to 7000 BC. See, we weren’t lying when we said they were old. The brick has quite the colourful and eventful history, which has ultimately led to the brick wall becoming a sought-after feature within our living spaces.
Here are some quick-fire facts for all you brick lovers:
- The Great Wall of China is made from 8 million bricks
- The oldest bricks ever discovered were made from mud and date all the way back to 7500 BC
- Bricks are super durable and have the ability to hold out against intense storm and wind conditions
- Bricks have frogs. The indentation in the surface of a brick is called a frog and there’s an on-going debate about whether bricks should be laid frog up or frog down.
- Bricks made with a higher temperature firings are most typically darker in colour
Does anyone else all of a sudden have a considerable amount of respect for bricks?
Take your time to browse through our stunning collection of shoot locations featuring exposed brick. With everything from cool, urban apartments to huge period manors, warehouses and traditional farmhouses, we’ve got plenty for you to pick from. Get in touch with one of lovely team members who’ll be more than happy to help you pick the perfect shoot location for your creative brief.