According to Architecture.com, Modernism is the single most important new style or philosophy of architecture and design of the 20th century, which is exactly why we have such a wide selection of uber-sleek shoot location properties for you to choose from.
Often linked to a more analytical approach to the function of buildings, with the use of new materials and an open plan structure. Other key characteristics of modern design and architecture includes:
- Use of reinforced concrete within exteriors and interiors
- Simplicity in form and function
- Elimination of decorative cornicing, mouldings or ornaments
- Asymmetrical compositions
- A preference for light and neutral palette, including white, nudes and creams
- An emphasis on metal, leather, natural fibres, unpainted wood and glass frameworks and features
- Large windows that create open, light-filled spaces
- Use of cubic or cylindrical shapes
- Flat roofs
We have properties that boast the best that contemporary design has to offer, including vast slick mansions with light, bright luxury interiors to match, to experimental modern architecture and trendy industrial inspired properties that feature exposed metal beams and minimalistic furnishings.
If you require assistance selecting your perfect modern property for your upcoming photo-shoot or filming brief do not hesitate to reach out to one of our lovely team member who would be happy to help.